Sound Stopper is designed to be used as a carpet underlay on transmission tunnels, footwells and areas that need more flexibility and shape.
A Superb Sound Blocking Mat - 3 layers of sound proofing in one unique lightweight product.
The flexible design also enables you to work on vertical and curved panels that prove difficult with conventional barrier mats. Use Dodo Sound Stopper as a barrier product to absorb noise from the engine, tyres, exhaust and general road roar whilst helping to block low frequencies.
Sound Stopper - 3 Layer construction;
- 2 x Layers of high grade open cell Sound absorbing foam
- 1 x Layer of decoupled sound blocking Mass Loaded Vinyl
Ideal for use beneath carpets on the Floor, Bulkhead and Boot etc The Dodo Sound Stopper product has been designed to provide maximum noise reduction with minimal weight impact. It is achieved by engineering a 2 high grade noise absorbers with 1 very effective high mass loaded barrier layer. The effectiveness of the mass loaded vinyl is greatly increased by the sandwich design decoupling it from the vehicle bodywork. The materials and their thickness are chosen to optimse the acoustic performance, the lamination is achieved using high performance reactive adhesives.
- Sold as Single Sheet
- Sheet size = 900 x 600mm (0.54sq.m / 5.8 sq. feet)
- Thickness = 14mm
- Total weight per sheet = 2.2kg
- Temperature Range = -30°C > +100°C
- Fire rating BS476-6&7 Class "0"
- Open Cell polyurethane foam
- MLV Mass Loaded Vinyl Barrier
- Absorbs, Insulates, Blocks
N.B installation often requires spray contact adhesive
Typical uses of this product:
- Fitting to a vehicle floor as a barrier product to block & absorb noise from the engine, tyres, exhaust etc
- Lining doors at home etc to prevent sound transfer or shrouding a pump or generator to quieten and prevent noise leakage.